Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Voicing complaints - I’m sick of moaners

If there’s something that gets on my nerves, it’s people who keep moaning every single day and actually do nothing to improve whatever it needs to get better .
Portuguese people are moaners of politicians, social conditions, salaries, working conditions, of what works and what doesn’t work at all. Just like the British…and the weather!
It drives me mad when I listen to someone complaining about the prices of the petrol, and still uses the car as the main transportation, when there’s always the possibility of catching a bus or a train, or the subway to arrive on time and relaxed at work.
I’m sick to death of those who say all the time that hate politicians and politics and still attend the speeches, and go to those pathetic dinners and political parties before elections, praying to achieve to the candidate and give him a hand-shake.
This year there will be three election moments and it really annoys me thinking that I must deal with that reality until the end of 2009. First of all, the outdoors, which will pollute the streets all over the country, then the TV programmes with face-to-face debates where we can assist at nothing but a bunch of layers and corrupted people whose goal, is to attain power and to win as much money as they can in order to assure and improve their private heritage.
I know that most of you may be thinking that I was born when democracy existed already in Portugal, and I don’t give the right magnitude to the fact that we’re free to express ourselves and free to choose and opt. Well that’s a truth but comparing to those I know who moan all the time, I must say that my opinion rarely changes and as a citizen I try to make a few changes even if I know that those changes will never make a big difference.
So, If you are as fed up as I am and if you share my opinion, why not separate rubbish, help abandoned animals, educate and teach our children how to work in agriculture or how to cook, change television by radio and reading moments?
Why not be active instead of moaner?

Filipa

No comments:

Post a Comment